Home Page

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What do you do with a Night Club during the day?

In Singapore you turn it into a flea market! Sunday Avery and I went to a place called Zouk's Free & Easy Flea Market. When we got there we could tell it was a night club. Looked pretty nice. It was free to get in so guess what that means? It means it was PACKED. After looking a what a few of the people there were selling it looked more like an indoor garage sale to me. I guess that is what a flea market is all about. I've been to Canton, TX and it wasn't like that. It was so crowded that you could hardly walk around..you had to squeeze your way through. I don't see how anyone sold anything. Anytime you stopped to look at something you were constantly being bumped by the other people trying to get by. Avery and I did manage to purchase a few things...we are girls so of course we had to buy something. We found a guy selling jewelry so be bought a few pairs of earrings to "share". I also found a cute necklace. After one trip around we left. We then headed over to Orchard Road. We went to this demo they were having in front of one of the malls and bought this thing you can plug into your computer and top-off your EzLink Card from home. Then we went over to Borders Books store and bought two books: one on the different Hawker stands and the different types of foods and one one SHOPPING in Singapore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is becoming very informative! If ever I go to Singapore, I'll be ready.

Laurie a/k/a Miss New Orleans
(Now on Blogger Beta)

Anonymous said...

Just curious...was there any hub-ub about 9/11 in Singapore?

TexasGal said...

Singapore is a really neat place. It's definately a shoppers paradise.

On 9-11...not much. I heard a few blurbs on the radio. The news comes on a weird times here as well. The news and information that the people get here is sensored by the government. I try to stay informed by logging onto the internet and reading the online news. How were things back home on this day?

Anonymous said...

Well, the 9-11 coverage started well before the day arrived and lasted well after. Nonstop images of the mutilated and burning buildings and re-enactments of the NY disaster as well as the thwarted attempt on the pentagon. Death and destruction on the airwaves on every other channel continuously. As if the actual event wasn't bad enough! No disrespect to the families...thank God I am not aware of knowing anybody that was involved in these tragedies. It was hard for me to watch, I can only imagine what it is like to re-live this for the families and loved ones...