Home Page

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Feel Whole Again!

Being from Texas having a car (or truck) means a lot! It gives us our independence. We are free to hop in the car and go for a drive whenever we feel like and go wherever we want to go. I'm sure people from some other states and more urban areas don't fully understand this feeling. Well yesterday I got my car. It looks just like the silver one below. I love it. I would have loved just about anything at this point as long as it had 4 wheels. Don't get me wrong, public transportation in Singapore is wonderful. They have taxis, the bus and MRT. All of which are very affordable, taxi's being the most convenient and the highest price. That's they way I've been getting around since I've been here. You just stand along the side of the road and give the "taxi wave", they stop, you get in and they take you to your next destination. Only downside...when it rains you cannot get a taxi. You can't even call and reserve one. They will tell you they are too busy and to call later. So this morning when it was raining as I left for work I was happy to be behind the wheel of my own car. Glad not to be standing on the side of the road holding my umbrella and doing the "taxi wave" while dodging the road spray as the buses drive by.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Be careful out there!

Anonymous said...

Nice car...I am going to miss you guys at AU this year. I had so much fun with you guys. I am glad to hear that everything is going good over there.