Home Page

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm

While in some cases Singapore is very high tech. For example, they have eZLink cards that you use for the bus or to buy a Big Mac; and they have Cash Cards which allow you to park in parking garages, use the ERP lanes and shop for groceries. Both of which can have funds added at 7-11, online, or at AXS Stations. These AXS stations look like teller machines but you can pay bills at them, buy movie tickets, buy airline tickets and much more. They are all over the place. Singapore has some of the coolest cellphones I've ever seen. My daughter can do her homework online then drop it into her teachers drop-off box without ever having to sharpen a pencil. So why then can I not find something as simple as a make-up mirror with a light???? This is my mission. I have looked at every store I have been to. Remember now, shopping here isn't as easy as pulling into the parking lot at the nearest Wal-Mart or Target. No, you have to first of all select which store out of the thousands of stores that are near by, drive there, park in the parking garage (car park here) and fight your way through all the other people that have also gone shopping at the same time. Shopping is the national pastime here. I've seen some pretty interesting stuff while on my quest, but not what I'm looking for...the search goes on.

No comments: