Home Page

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Our stuff is on it's way

Well Rob was able to get our personal items shipped out yesterday. Not everything made it as we were over our 1000 lb. weight limit. I'm excited and looking forward to seeing what all he sent. I have some idea but there's no way to know exactly. We still have clothes in suitcases because I refuse to go spend money on clothes hangers when I knew I had 100's of them at home. I hope those are on their way. We have moved up from paper plates and now have regular dishes. However, we are still using plasticware until our shipment arrives. I had to sacrafice my golf clubs and our bikes so that he could send all of my scrap booking supplies. I needed new golf clubs anyway and bicycles can be found cheap here too, about $30.

New dishes: See that little sticker on the top of the plate? Each piece had on on it. It took me FOREVER to peel them all off.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At lunch today I walked to the post office then after that I walked over to Sim Lim Square to find a cheap Skype phone. (Sim Lim is a huge multistory mall with nothing but electronics...a geeks wonderland) I found one for about $25. It connects to the computer via USB cable. They have wireless ones and even ones that you can travel with and make calls anywhere there is a wireless connection. But Rob is sending our webcam that has a built in microphone so I wan't just the basic model. Anyway once I got home I plugged it in. About an hour later Rob calls! It's really COOL. We can talk over the internet for FREE. We talked for half an hour, clear too. I could see Rob because he has a webcam, but he couldn't see me. I got to sit there and talk to him while I watched him get ready for work. So .. if you have friends, family or co-workers and you want to talk to them for free, get yourself a microphone or webcam and download Skype. We even bought a local number so when we are all over here in Singapore, family members back in Texas without a computer can call us using a regular phone. It's free for them and next to nothing for us. Pennies! You can Skype us at weissfamilyinsingapore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelli-

I am so glad that you sent me your bolg. I loved reading it and can totally understand needing your scrapbooking stuff. I hoe that you and Avery are doing well and that Rob joins you soon!! Like the new furniture and car. Take care!!