Home Page

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Why I've decided not to cook

Well, I may have mentioned that I was going to stop cooking...okay Kim don't panic...I still love all my Pampered Chef stuff! I still enjoy cooking...well, here are my reasons:

  • Groceries here are expensive! Here are some examples (all in Singapore dollars) - Cheerios $11.90, Yoplait Plain Vanilla Yogurt $6.90, 1 doz. eggs $7.20, small ricotta cheese $8.95, 1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls, $11.90.
  • So, I think we can eat out cheaper - Chicken/Rice $2.50 Sing, that's about $1.60 USD. Tonight Avery and I took my dad for dinner for his birthday. We had Mongolian Chicken, Beef & Baby Kailan, 3 orders of steamed rice, 2 7-ups and a large Tiger beer and the total was $22 Sing or $13.90 USD.
  • We don't have a dishwasher, other than me :-) Everynight I have to wash a sink full of dishes.
  • Most of the places we can eat at around here are a nice walk from our apartment, so we get dinner and some exercise.
  • Avery is learning to eat something other than fried rice when we go to the hawker stands.
  • No longer will I have surprises in my hamburger buns!

I figure I can cook two or three nights a week....for now anyway.

No comments: