Home Page

Monday, November 13, 2006

Disgusting!!

I have to post a complaint here, SORRY! Hopefully I don't p*ss off a bunch of people... but here it goes: People here need to learn to eat with their mouths closed!!!! There, I said it (or typed it anyway). Avery and I went to eat Friday night and people (locals) all around us are eating with their mouths open...chewing away like a herd of cattle. The kid (teenager) facing me, sitting behind Avery, was about to make me loose my appetite. He was eating and food was hanging half-way out of mouth. I admit that noodles are hard to eat with chopsticks but that doesn't mean that once you get it in there you can't chew with your mouth closed. I can see that you are eating, I don't need to see WHAT you are eating. This is definately becoming one of my pet peeves here. Do they not think that it is gross to be sitting and having dinner with someone and having to watch them eat like that? It's not just one or two people here or there either. And to top it off, they are very noisy too. You might be able to ignore the "See Food" by just staring directly at the person you are eating with and avoiding everyone else, but you can't help but hear the symphony of chewing and smaking going on all around you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck!

The Smith's in SA said...

Sounds like you were just visiting Pasadena....just close your eyes and remember home!