Home Page

Friday, November 17, 2006

I Found It!

Well...not sure if you remember me mentioning it before but I've been on the hunt for a make-up mirror with lights. Kinda like this:


It is so dark everywhere. Not sure if Singapore is trying to conserve energy or cause everyone to need glasses...hmmm...now that I think of it there are a lot of locals here that wear glasses...maybe I'm on to something. My bathroom is only fitting with these two small recessed can type lights. No windows. I can't see very well at all to put on my make-up, pluck my eyebrows....look for grey hairs to yank out....etc. I have looked in so many stores that i had given up finding one. I looked in their stores that are similar to Super Wal-mart. I looked in electronic stores similar to Best (but with out the Cd's and movies)...nothing. I have looked in department stores similar to our Dillards...nothing. Any store that I went in I looked. Sometimes the store clerks would look at me like they didn't understand what I was looking for so I would check on my own too. Well the other day I was in a mall and happened to see one out of the corner of my eye at a store on the next level down. I immediately found my way to that store and had the salesperson show me the two free-standing models they had. This store sold bathroom fixtures, mirrors, sinks, shower heads, etc. (and I have looked in similar stores before). I had her plug them in so I could see how bright they were. One of them had a very unique design. The mirror face was square and concave. It looked more just like polished chrome than a mirror. The lights were recessed on either side. The second one was round with the lights around the perimeter. I was so excited.....until I found out I would have to rob a bank or sell one of my kidneys to be able to afford it. Seeing that I didn't have the desire to spend the rest of my life in a Singapore jail nor did I want to part with any of my body parts I figured I have to stick to my original plan to have Rob bring one with him when he comes over. I guess I've waited this long. One more month won't kill me...my eyebrows are probably scary though. So...do you want to know how much???? Are you sitting down??? The square one was $850 and the round one was $690. For that price the darn thing should apply my makeup for me!

1 comment:

karla said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

It is criminal to charge that much for something like that. What the hell?!