Home Page

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not What I Thought I bought

...okay so I am the store Friday after work. Even though I said I was going to quit cooking (I'll tell you why later) I found myself buying all kinds of stuff. My mom had told me that if I see something I need/want I better get it then because when you go back it will be gone. So I'm at the Cold Storage (grocery store chain here) that is about 3-5 miles away. It's in an area with a lot of expats and it looked big so I thought I would stop in and see if they had what I needed for my chili and pecan pie before I drove on in to the city to try Tanglin Marketplace. They had all kinds of stuff. They had chili seasoning, and Karo syrup which I needed, but no refrigerated pie crust. I had to make the crust from scratch (thanks for the recipe mom!). I also found Stove Top stuffing which I thought I better get for Turkey Day, along with Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix, and Cool Whip! I bought some other stuff too but was surprised to get those things especially. I thought I would make hamburgers for dinner one night over the weekend so I bought hamburger meat and what I thought was hamburger buns. There was nothing else in the bread section that looked like hamburger buns except what I found. There were hotdog buns so I figured what I bought must have been hamburger buns. Well, Saturday night I fix our hamburgers and I go to slice the buns (remember, they don't come pre-sliced here) and there was this glob of stuff baked in the middle. It looked like chocolate! There was nothing on the package that lead me to believe these buns had a surprise in the middle. I read the ingredients and found that it was red bean paste. Yummy! I had to taste it to see if it totally ruined the bread. It didn't have too much of a taste, kinda sweet. Needless to say, we scrapped that out into the trash. Otherwise the hamburgers were ok. I guess nextime I'll have to read the ingredients to be sure I know what I'm buying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looked like chocolate to you...looks like poo to me. Oh yum!