Home Page

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Texas Chili

I went shopping on Friday (even though I said I was going to quit cooking...did I mention that yet?) ... anyway...stopped by the store on the way home to get some ingredients I needed to make chili for Avery's school. They were having a big International Food Festival on Saturday and I volunteered to cook chili for one of the booths that was having a little chili cook-off. The parents/friends/etc. that came to the event could buy a bowl and "taste" as much chili as they wanted then vote for their favorite. The chili was also used as a hot-dog topping for the same booth. Anyway...I didn't win. I got robbed!!! I think my chili was good but at the time I happened to be over there doing my own taste comparison I overheard some of the people there saying it was between mine and one of the others however mine wasn't hot (temperature hot). I had brought extra as I made two potfuls. One batch I heated up before we took it to the school and the other was in a large ziplock. Well they must have waited until one batch was gone before they added the other so it wasn't warmed up yet. What do Singaporean's know about Texas Chili anyway??? Avery and I were at the festival all morning until about 2:30 PM. They had a bazaar set up too. I bought a few Christmas presents and some other things for the apartment. Oh! I also baked a pecan pie for the 8th Grade Graduation Fundraiser bake sale. I was told that it sold as soon as I got it there. I hope it turned out good. I also made one for Avery and I for Thanksgiving and put it in the freezer. Also at the festival each of the different grades were responsible for creating these theme baskets to raffle off. They were pretty awesome! One had an iPod Nano and another had some other type of iPod. Each of those were VERY popular. They had a BBQ basket, a Movie night basket (probably had at least 15 DVD's in it), Leggo basket, etc. Most of them were at least 3 feet tall, they were huge and just full of stuff. We bought $20 worth of tickets but didn't win anything. Well...tomorrow I'll tell you what else I bought at the store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time!