Home Page

Monday, May 14, 2007

Off to Phuket

I meant to post this before I left on Friday....oh well! This is where we went. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them off the camera.

Well while the rest of you are slaving away at work on Friday we will be jetting off for a much needed break in Phuket Thailand. Phuket is an island in the Indian Ocean, 867km from Bangkok. Where we will lounge around the beach and the pool bar, drink too much, eat too much and sleep too much. I will work on my tan. I'm paler now than I have ever been and I live 1 degree north of the equator! That's SAD! It will be a short weekend trip but that is OK. It will give us a chance to check things out and plan a longer trip there in the future. I'm sure sometime during the weekend we will squeeze in a spa and some shopping. We will be staying on Karon Beach which is one of Phuket's longest beaches. There are a lot of things to do in Phuket, such as: tours to the temples there, visit their aquarium and butterfly farm or sea shell museum. They also have shows with elephants. Not sure how much of that we will be able to do as I've already listed our top priorities for this trip, but there's always next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH that looks absolutely beautiful! I have always heard how wonderful a vacation spot Thailand is. Infact, my neighbor, a Texas Tech professor, is there with over 100 students this week. Can't wait to hear of her trip. If you see a group of like 20 blonde headed girls, that would be her group, haha.