Home Page

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Don't Squat on the Toilet Seat

If someone said something to me about squatting on the toilet seat I would assume they were talking about what I refer to as "hovering". When most gals use a public restroom we either "hover" over the seat never coming in physical contact with the toilet seat or we put t.p. on the seat before sitting down. The second option is one I reserved for my two girls when they were younger, before they were too big to "hover". So with that little bit of backgound info there you can see how I was amused by the following sign in the ladies restroom at the shipyard where we have our weekly meetings:


Look at the drawing of the toilet in the bottom left of the sign. There are two footprints on either side of the toilet seat!!!! You see here, most public restrooms have western toilets, like what we have in our homes and they also have "holes in the ground"...well that's what I call them anyway or also known as "squat toilets". To use one of these, you stand with your feet on either side of the hole and lower your pants, squat and pee. Kinda like you would if you were camping. But I would think it would be tricky to get your clothes out of the line of fire while not emptying the contents of your pockets into the toilet. You will also find some of these types of toilets come with a water spray nozzle on a hose attached to a spicket on the wall. I don't even want to get a metal image of how you clean up yourself with one of those things. So why would someone go through all of that and stand on the seat when they can just use the toilet the way it was designed to be used?

No comments: