Home Page

Monday, May 07, 2007

Miss All My Kitchen Stuff

I have to admit I like to cook when I don't have to cook. Does that make sense? I like cooking for parties and special occasions, not so much the day to day nessecity sort of cooking. I will also admit I love Pampered Chef kitchen stuff too. It makes cooking much more enjoyable. Luckily I have a friend who keeps my addiction satisfied. She sells Pampered Chef products. The only problem is figuring out how to get it over here. Daughter no. 2's birthday was on April 23rd. She wanted to take cup cakes to school. I soon figured out I needed a cup cake pan that holds more than 6 cupcakes. I bought that with big breakfast muffins in mind, not feeding an army of 8th graders. Then, she had some girls over for a slumber party to officially celebrate her birthday. I made a huge chocolate chip cookie cake and soon realized I needed a large bar pan to contain all of the cookie dough so it doesn't run over the sides of my rectangle stone and burn in the bottom of the oven. Luckily just as the first blobs where spilling over the edges I remembered I had two of those throw-away aluminum pans so I immediately put them in the bottom of the oven to catch all the ran over the sides. Eventually the dough was set enough that it quit dripping and finished baking. It came out just right. I trimed the edges with my pizza cutter so they were nice and straight. By that time the girls where all at that house and it was time to load up and hit the mall for a movie. Hubbie stayed home and after the cookie had cooled he decorated it. It turned out really cute. If he had the Easy Accent Decorator it may have even been cuter, maybe not. I thought he did a wonderful job. ('ll try to remember to post a photo of the cookie cake once I get home)

No comments: