Home Page

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It Snowed!


Well...not here in Singapore! But it snowed our last (full) day we were home. Yes, we were home for about 2 weeks. We got to see a lot of family and friends. It went by way too fast. We ate Mexican no less than 4 times. The one other food "must" on our list was Shipley's Donuts. We didn't get that until we were at the airport leaving to come home...and they weren't hot. :-( I drove all over the place from Houston to Midway, to Huntsville, to College Station, to Magnolia, to Austin, to San Antonio...the blue bonnets and other wild flowers were blooming...it was beautiful! Thank you to everyone that let us camp out with them. A BIG Thank You to my brother that cooked up some scrumptious crawfish for us. If we hadn't come back when we did I might have stayed! I think Rob was feeling that too because he called us a few times while we were at the airport to come home. I think he was just checking to see if we were actually coming home. We did A TON of shopping. There is just so much we can't get over here. I stocked up on over the counter medicines. Stuff that we took for granted back home like: pepto, sinus stuff, alka-seltzer, etc. I even brought back Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and cans of Green Enchilada sauce. And we bought clothes. Not sure when we will be able to make it back again. Hopefully it won't be too long though. It was so nice just getting in my truck and driving all over Texas.... There's No Place Like Home! (The photo was sent to me by our welding inspector on our project here. His Mother-in-law sent it to him. He thinks a friend of hers took it somewhere near Franklin, TX)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I received this pic as well. We are from Lubbock,but it was sent to me by my mother that lives in Brownwood. Beautiful isn't it?! Easter, and it snowed. That is Texas for ya!