Home Page

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Singtel must have read my post

Yep, just days ago I was telling y'all about our ordeal with Singtel and how we had to go into the Hello Store to switch daughter no. 2's phone plan and how they put her on her own plan. Well, guess what? I heard on the radio yesterday that Singtel now offers what they call their "mio plan". Funny thing...I kept thinking they were say "meal plan"! LOL! Anyway... their new "mio plan" bundles all 3 services at 1 great price. Simply add as little as $15.29 per month to enjoy more talktime or faster broadband speed. So it’s easy to find the right plan to suit your needs. Well I'm not falling for it! I'm not wasting another day of my life waiting in line at one of their Hello Stores to find out about their new plan. I know it will all be a waste of time and only cause me more stress and wrinkles. If they want to send me 3 different bills that's fine with me. If they offered online bill pay and statements then I would maybe go for that, but they'd need to make it where I could sign up online. I refuse to go back into one of those stores because it's never just one simple trip. No, there will always be some form of ID that you forgot, or the thing you are going in for isn't quite like the way you read about it online...someway, somehow it will require a second trip to their store and I'm not wasting any more time doing that.

3 comments:

TBM said...

I'm all about online shopping, especially since I can't drive at the moment. It's so disappointing to take the time and effort to walk or take a taxi to a store only to find what I want is out of stock. When we first moved here, before we had a car, we went to Ikea by train. It was a 40 minute, $90 train ride plus $20 taxi to the store. We had a huge list of things to buy, including a bed frame for my daughter. To our dismay, they hardly had anything in stock! Then we ended up having to walk most of the way back to the train station with our purchases because the tram line was under construction. Happily, Ikea UK now offers limited online shopping. Of course you have to wait two weeks for delivery, but having lived in England for a year now, I've learned to be patient. Well, mostly (ahem).

TexasGal said...

Just a plane ride away - Going to Ikea (pronounced ick-e-a here) is a nightmare here if you are a working person and are forced to go on a weekend. Hang on, that might make an interesting post. I'll tell you all about in a day or two. LOL!

TBM said...

I'd like to read it!