Home Page

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I passed!

I forgot to mention that I passed my driving test. It was kinda cool as far as driving tests go. The test is administered in a room with 44 computer screens arranged on 3 rows of tables. Fifteen minutes before the time the test is to start everyone signed up to take the test (which costs S$65) checks in a the desk by the door where you enter the room. You have to show either your Singapore passport or your foreign passport and your employment pass. (Side thought here...if the US wants and idea on how to handle immigration they should look here). You are then given a piece of paper with a pass code on it. When it's time for the test to start the screens show a keypad where you enter your pass code then start the test. It's all touch screen by computer. You have 50 minutes to answer 50 questions. The parts of the test where they asked questions concerning stuff like when there are several cars at an uncontrolled intersection, "who has the right away?", was the best part. They showed the diagram with a little video of the situation being covered. You could even replay it if you needed to. I think it took me less than 20 mintues. You can only miss 5 questions or you fail. They don't tell you what you made, just whether you passed or failed. The one thing they still need to work on is the actual getting of the license. To do that I have to bring in my Texas license, my passport, my employment pass and a passport photo, along with copies of all that. They didn't tell us that part, so now I have to go back. (Rob has my driver's license anyway. He had to take it with him for the closing on the house.) Well, now that I have my license all it's going to make me do is get even more p*ssed off at these people here that are so rude when they drive and drive is a term I use loosely for what they do. Now I "KNOW" what they are doing wrong instead of it just seeming wrong.

No comments: