Home Page

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Superbowl!

Well after some slight panicking we found a place to watch the Superbowl. At first we were told it wouldn't even been shown on TV over here as it isn't on ESPN this year. After the playoffs were over though we checked with the local cable company and found that it will be on StarHub channel 22. Actually we were wanting a place to go watch the game, like at a bar or something. Keep in mind the game starts on Monday at 7AM for us over here. Last year a local brewery/restaurant showed the game, so I called them this year. Apparently a lot of other expats beat me to it. All they had left was outside seating with a TV. That didn't sound like too much fun to me but I went ahead and reserved a spot for 10 people. Then I started searching the internet for other locations. Not much luck there, but did find another place to make a reservation "just in case". Anywho..this past Sunday we went to eat at a nice little place up the road from us called BLooiE's Roadhouse. I asked the manager on duty if they were going to be open - after explaining what the Superbowl was. She said she would check with her boss and I could check back. Anyway..yesterday and today we were able to finalize our plans and now we have a great place to go and watch the game. The guy I was dealing with said they'd have breakfast food and beer??? Not so sure about the beer - Bloody Mary's maybe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

texasgal, you sure about channel 22 on starhub? supersports? I will check with them again. the last time they were asking what football.... soccer? man! I was mad... we subscribed to all the sports channels and saw only SOCCER!!! and not even 1 live game of NFL. Thanks again... now we can survive superbowl! :)

TexasGal said...

Yes..I called and spoke to Starhub and that is what they told me. You can always come join us at Blooies!