Home Page

Monday, January 21, 2008

Have you ever wanted to be fish food?

This past weekend I went with my daughter, the wife and daughter of a guy I used to work with (who is now here in Singapore working too) and another ex-coworker also here in Singapore working for another company to Sentosa. Sentosa is a small island right south of Singapore. It has some resorts, beaches, underwater aquarium and other activities to keep Singaporeans and us ex-pats busy on our time off. Next to the Underwater Aquarium they have a Fish Reflexology spa. I know you are just dying to know what the heck is fish reflexology. Well...that is where you pay good money to stick your feet in a pool of little Tibetan fish that swarm all over your calves and feet as soon as you put them in the water and gently nibble away at all the dead, dry, flaky skin. We were all a little nervous about becoming fish food for the afternoon. And, being that it is in a spa-like setting we were having a hard time keeping the shreaks and giggles to a quiet roar as not to bother the rest of the guests getting their foot massages and neck rubs. After a while we all got used to it and it felt a lot like putting your feet into one of those vibrating foot baths...if you didn't look down at your feet. The worse part for me is when the fish got under my toes and in the instep of my feet. I am very ticklish! They also have another pool with larger fish but we didn't try that one...maybe next time!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, my! I don't think I could do that. I'm having issues with wildlife lately.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Golly, Tex: I have to admit that sounds like fun. But I don't think I'll be getting to Tibet soon.

TexasGal said...

Laurie - I didn't think I could either but it wasn't that bad after a while. If I had been in a nice comfy massage chair rather than a hard wooden bench it might have been rather enjoyable.

OldHorseTailSnake - I bet they have them where you are. Or you could fix up your tub with some fish from the pet store.

Rebecca Hickman said...

Holy mackerel