Home Page

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Trip To Texas

Sorry for being AWOL lately. I took a surprise trip back to Texas for about 10 days. Blair was getting her Aggie Ring and I wanted to surprise her, I think it worked! Here is a picture of her anwering the door when she thought it was my mom there to see her. Since she thought none of us (Rob, myself or Avery) could be there, that my mom and her Uncle Scotty (my brother) were coming to be there when she got her ring. Once she opened the door and saw me there (thanks mom for catching the moment!) the tears started flowing - from both of us. We had such a great time that day! My Aunt also surprised her by being there. She (my aunt)graduated from Texas A&M quite some time ago. Some of you may be saying, "what's the big deal about getting your class ring in college?" Well, Texas A&M is steeped in tradion. That ring is a symbol that is recognized by Aggies all over the world. No matter where she travels, anytime she finds another Aggie, she will have an instant friend. Another tradition is for Aggies to "dunk" their ring in a pitcher of beer over at the Dixie Chicken at Northgate. We did that too! Well, sort of! The rest of my trip home was spent visiting family and friends. It was nice and relaxing. I just loved getting in my little pick-up and dring the country roads between College Station, Huntsville, Midway and the Woodlands. I even made a quick trip into Houston and ran by my office there and visited with my coworkers. I got my fill of Mexican Food too! Not sure when I'll get back there, but it won't be soon enough for me!

No comments: