Home Page

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

One of these days..

One of these days you are going to read about me in the Singapore news. It's a good thing these people here don't drive in Houston. I had gone to pick my mom up Saturday from their apartment. I pulled into their complex and drove up and around the traffic circle that you have to go around to exit. I had just stopped and could see my mom coming when this STUPID taxi driver pulled up behind me and started honking his horn. GIVE ME A BREAK!! You can't wait 30 seconds? As my mom was getting in, I put the car in park and got out and gave the guy the (not what you were thinking) but the "What's up with you?", arms up in the "Y" position over my head and got back in the car. Making sure to take the time to buckle up and adjust my mirrors. The more you honk, the longer it's going to take me is what I was thinking. Then I SLOWLY pull on around the circle and out of the driveway. Of course the STUPID taxi driver had to give it one more honk for good measure as he turned the opposite direction. Yeah, that's right...you better be going the other way! Most of the time the Singaporeans don't get offended by someone honking at them...WELL I'm a Texan NOT a Singaporean. I guess they don't get upset because they don't carry guns here! Mom says that every once in a while you will hear about someone being caned because of an altercation on the side of the road between two drivers.

1 comment:

The Smith's in SA said...

Come on home to Texas before you get put in some 3rd world jail, end up on the national news and they a Lifetime movie about the whole episode. (dibs on Dr. McDreamy to play Tom - I'll play myself!)