Home Page

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Where did they learn to park?

The answer is "they didn't". Hubbie and I frequently go to eat lunch at a Subway in a nearby mall (of course) Jurong Point. There is a parking garage below the mall however you have to allow an extra half hour to just get in and out of the parking garage car park. So, we park in a vacant lot along with a bunch of other cheap people across the street from the mall. It's a lot faster for us to get in and out of. We get there early, usually around 11:30 because if you wait too long then there isn't any place to park. I can't really say that there wouldn't be any parking spots because if you look at the photo below they don't necessarily care if there is a 'spot' or not. It is always so amazing to us when we come out of the mall to see how all these crazy drivers have parked. They apparently don't care that these people trapped in the middle may need to leave and go back to work. I think it's a good thing they don't have Hummers over here because you can imagine what I would do if that was my car trapped in the middle. Yep! I'd plow right over them. Hubbie and I always make sure we park where we have a way out.


1 comment:

TBM said...

Wow--first of all, that photo looks remarkably like Houston, maybe the Dillard's parking lot in the Galleria. Just change the blue trim to brown! Second, I practiced my parking here in England during my driving lesson last week. My instructor was very precise and said things like I needed to be 1/2 a metre along side the car I want to park behind when I begin my parallel parking and then when I straighten out, I need to be as close to the curb as I can without hitting it. They are very precise here!

Seriously, are you sure that's not Houston?!