Home Page

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Took A Quick Trip

Sorry I haven't posted since last week. Avery and I took a quick trip over to Bintan in Indonesia. She had several days off from school so we headed over there for a long weekend. It was really nice and relaxing. Felt like all we did was eat & swim. Surprised my clothes still fit. The place was really nice. Very tropical with white sandy beaches and blue water. We spent our days switching back and forth from the pool to the beach. We found sea shells, small ones, built a sand castle, went snorkling (twice) and enjoyed some of the organized activities put on the the staff. They even had a trapeze there for the guests to play on so of course Avery tried that out. You have to take a ferry to get there and back. I still feel like I'm on the ferry today. It seems like I'm sitting at my desk rocking back and forth. We were really bouncing around when we docked back in Singapore last night. I'll add some pictures later today. Before we left to head home we went into the little shopping village and found a few things to bring home. I'll probably see what other resorts are available there in Bintan for the next time we get a few days off. You can even go for the day. Not much different than driving from Houston to Galveston timewise. Oh! I have to tell you one of the strangest things I think I have ever seen...this little asian kid pooped on the beach! He just dropped his drawers and went right there! His dad had to clean it up with the little shovel they were using to build a sand castle. Imagine having to follow your kid around with a pooper scooper! Another interesting thing was that everytime they made an annoucement at the resort they made it about 5 times all in different languages. Avery and I laughed saying we should walk around speaking spanish (not that we know much). That was one of the languages they DIDN'T include.

1 comment:

TexasGal said...

i loved Bin Tan thnx for lettin us go...
love ya momma