Home Page

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Introducing Sugar


Let introduce the newest member of our little family: Sugar.


Those of you who know me know I love dogs. I just like having them around. Avery and I really wanted to get a dog and when we found Sugar we just knew she was perfect for our family. She will be 10 mos. old next week. She's very petite, calm and well behaved....nothing at all like Charlie the pomeranian we had back home. He was really big for a pom, very hyper (he would stand at the back door and jump up to look in the back window over and over again) and he wouldn't stay in the back yard. We loved him anyway but was afraid he would get hit by a car so a friend took him into her home so now he is a chubby happy inside dog. Anyway..back to Sugar...
So far she has been really good. We did have a run of the runs (ha!) over the weekend but she appears to be over that now. It took her a few days to get used to being with us. I don't think she moved off of her blanket the entire first day. When I take her outside to do her business she walks right along side me without a leash. So far we haven't had to venture out while it was raining but I know that day is coming. I wonder if I can train her to use a litter box? What if I planted some grass in a litter box, do you think you could get a dog to potty there? I've never had a dog while living in a condo. I'm used to being able to scoot them out the back door then let them in a short time later. Some dogs don't like to go out in the rain, I hope she's not like that. And there are some dogs that get scared when in thunders, I hope she's not like that either. Right now she's curled up in the corner behind me sleeping...she's so cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie!

TexasGal said...

Yeah, she's really good dog. Walks on a leash without fighting it, or even just around outside without one. She's walks right beside you.